The Lion Uniform
- Cub Scout Class A uniform
The Lion Uniform is the Lion T-Shirt and an optional hat. Unlike the other Cub Scout years, there are no patches to buy or attach to the uniform.
To get an idea of pricing, or to order items online, visit ScoutStuff. This is the official online scout shop. They should have the same prices as our local scout shop.
Where to Purchase Items
Before most pack meetings we normally make a trip to the Scout Shop. You might contact the Advancement Chair if you need something – we might be able to save you a trip and pick them up for you at our cost. You are also welcome to order any needed items online or however you like.
Wearing the Uniform
In general, every Cub Scout should wear his uniform to all Cub Scouting activities, including den and pack meetings, unit outings, and any activities done with members of the den or pack.
When playing sports, going to camp, or participating in other physical activities, a pack may opt to have the Cub Scouts wear an alternate uniform, such as an activity shirt. These are sometimes referred to as Class B Uniforms.
Pack leaders should provide advance notice of any occasion when the boys should wear anything other than the complete uniform.
Here are some tips for wearing the uniform:
- DO keep the uniform clean and in good repair. The official uniform is a sturdy, machine-washable garment that will last for years with proper care.
- DO be sure to wear the complete uniform. A Cub Scout wearing a uniform with parts missing is not in uniform.
- DO wear the neckerchief tucked under the collar.
- DO NOT wear non-BSA badges, awards, or insignia on the Cub Scout uniform or make any alterations to the uniform or insignia.
- YOU MAY wear the neckerchief alone with other clothing.
Any time you are uncertain about uniform regulations, ask the den leader for guidance.